Friday, March 9, 2012

Paying Tribute to an Artist lost too soon....

I never had the privilege of getting to know Janelle from Jewelry by Janelle50  . However, I own this lovely bracelet from her. This is Purple Heart wood and Chainmalle, I  acquired it after she was gone. One of her friends from Handmade Artist Shop (HAS) is helping her family sell the rest of her designs to pay her expenses and I saw a posting on FaceBook.
That is not common in today's hurry hurry world, but, on Handmade Artist site it is no surprise. We are a relatively new group, still small, but growing. You make friends fast here, it is a warm loving helpful crew and I am proud to say I am part of it.
Since I own this lovely bracelet, I had an opportunity to hold it and see the love and care that she put in to her creations. I feel we have a connection though her bracelet, her art is a reminder that she was here, she had worth. She has left a lovely legacy!
 Here is the link to her shop, Janelle's HAShop   She has a few things left, they should be worn and appreciated.  All are 50% off original price. I hope you take this opportunity to visit her shop and own a piece of her work, a piece of her heart.
Enjoy the photos of her lovely work, thanks for your attention.
God Bless you!
Nancy Pace You can find me here@ HAS

15 comments:

  1. Love your intro, Nancy! It looks like it will be a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anita:) I must just have too many words! I have 3 blogs and I contribute to another on Handmade Artists,lol!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hi Nancy! Janelle was a terrific artists which you shared so sweetly in your post! Cari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cari! I wish I had known her too. I hope I did her justice.

      Delete
  3. Nancy, I am proud to own a necklace and earing set from her, which I aquired shortly after "I was" a new kid on the block. I cant claim that fact anymore.
    But her work is amazing so smooth and made with the greatest care. I just feel special just when I touch it. Well said, God bless...♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree about her work, it is amazing! I am glad you think I captured her essence:)

      Delete
  4. A wonderful write up about a very dear lady. Janelle was one our original members and always supportive of our artists, always a positive word about others work and encouraging to every member. People like this are hard to find, and we were very blessed to know her if only for a short time. I own a necklace that she made and treasure it not only for the beautiful craftsmanship but for her memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly:) A sweet spirited person like Janelle must have been really puts so much in her work, a tiny piece of her heart seems to linger with it. I can tell from the responses to this post she was very loved and will be fondly remembered and so missed.

      Delete
  5. Nancy, I'm a bit late in getting back on this one - yes, you did her justice! Very nice write up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the lovely write up about Janelle! She was a dear friend who was always there with a kind word, a shoulder, (though a virtual one) and always supportive. I do miss her on the forums as I'm sure many others do too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss Janelle, it would be so wonderful when we sell the rest of her pieces on the shop. Now that her brother said to reduce the price by %50, it should go quickly. I think he just wants closure.
    Thanks for posting this,
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post about a great person. I have a pair of her hairsticks, that I carry with me all the time and wear frequently. And my sister has one of her bangles. Her work was flawless.

    ReplyDelete